What Information We Collect
You can access our website without disclosing any personal information about you. We only collect personal information provided by you through the use of our website.
The type of personal information we may collect:
- Your name, email, contact number and other information you provide through our website/s
- Information about your browsing activity on the our website.
- IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity that our website will collect.
- We will not keep your personal information longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used.
Why We Collect The Information
- We use your personal information to respond to your requests or inquiries.
- We use your personal information to provide services to you
- We may email you communications, direct marketing and other information using the email address(s) which you have provided, about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We may contact you by email or phone about our products and services to market these to you.
- We may contact you by email or phone for market research purposes to improve our website/s, products and services.
- We may contact you for any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may ‘opt out’ at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
Who We May Disclose Your Personal Information To
We may disclose your personal information to the following people if we consider it necessary to do so for the purposes of providing products and services to you:
- SMART and its adviser’s, contractors and administrators who provide a service on your behalf
- Product Providers, service providers, other third parties or other intermediaries in relation to the services or products you have engaged us for
- Our referral partners who can help you with other services
- Investors, or any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business
- Anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies
- To auditors to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current laws and regulations
- Credit reporting and identity verification agencies, as required
- Any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy Act
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
We hate spam more then anyone and promise never to send unsolicited email. We will not sell names to any part and you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe if we are not able to offer amazing value.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We rely on third party data storage providers for the majority of the information we store. We do this only where we believe the third party data storage provider can keep your
information safe and secure. Any information held directly by us will be held securely.
Our Website and Cookies
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your hard disk by a website. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Your web browser can be configured to reject cookies issued by our websites, but if you do so, some functionality that we provide on our websites may become unavailable as a result.
We use third-party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes; Remarketing and email tracking, Impression reporting, and Demographics & interest reporting. For information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Accessing or Correcting Your Personal Information
Under New Zealand privacy law you are entitled to request access to, and correction of, the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to make either of these requests please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
There are some circumstances under the Privacy Act 2020 where we may choose not to provide you with some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or to correct your information as you have requested. If that occurs we will write to you and tell you why we have reached that decision.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
Please take the time to review this Policy regularly as we may review it and make changes to reflect changes in legislation, codes of practice, our business, and the products and services we provide to you.